Verado 350 SCi
IT'S A POWER GAME, PERIOD.
But you already know that. Someone says "horsepower," and the hair on the back of your neck stands up. You hear "supercharged," and your ears prick. Well, there's a new word you should add to your speed vocabulary: "Verado," engineered by Mercury Racing. This 350-horsepower in-line six-cylinder supercharged engine is your ticket to the sweetest setup on the water, with its electronically controlled sequential multi-port fuel injection and four-valve-per-cylinder, double-overhead cam design. We're talking rocket-like planing for a hole-shot you wouldn't believe ... until you experience it for yourself. Then you'll be awestruck by precision handling via SmartCraft Digital Throttle and Shift: its stealthy roar, plus raw power like no other outboard you've ever run. Whether you're buying new or repowering, Mercury Racing's Verado 350 SCi brings even more power to perfection. It's okay ... we expect you to drool.
It's all about refinement. Mercury Racing made engineering enhancements and integrated them with patented sound-dampening technology for a high-performance, yet remarkably quiet, outboard motor. It isn't just the acoustic foam-lined cowling or the exclusive Advanced MidSection (AMS). Nor is it just the idle relief muffler, intake silencer, or the perfect balance of the in-line six-block. It's all these components working together simultaneously to create a single unified symphony of quiet. All to produce the best bottom line imaginable: not only will you be steering the slickest setup on water, you'll be steering the stealthiest too … music to your ears.
Steering most outboard engines can be a workout, even at no-wake speeds. But Verado's electro-hydraulic power steering provides enough ease and consistency to carve corners on demand with no fight, tug-back, or engine pulse in the steering wheel. Our SmartStart technology makes starting your engine as easy as turning the key once and releasing it. Then, with the SmartCraft® Digital Throttle and Shift System (DTS), you get instant throttle response and smooth shifting by eliminating the hesitation of traditional mechanical cable systems. All this basically means is, you could probably direct this boat with a single finger (though, we don't recommend that).
The Verado 350 SCi has enough horsepower to quicken the pace of your heart with an adrenaline rush. Its exclusive cool air intake feeds outside air directly to the supercharger to enhance efficiency and maximize performance - which means you'll be able to push it as hard as you want. Special ducting ensures water stays out while maintaining a steady airflow to the engine. Best of all, the mid-section has been upgraded substantially, preordained to respond to your every demand. So go on … give it all you got.
It's almost counter-intuitive … how something so powerful can remain so fuel efficient. Again, the name of the game is refinement. No matter how fast or slow you run your Verado 350 SCi, you'll get optimal fuel efficiency, because the system incorporates the same groundbreaking RangePlus PowerTrain refinements all Verado models do. That means you can open the throttle and push your boat faster, farther, and longer - all without compromising a single ounce of attitude.
High Performance Top Cowl
- Cool air intake for powerhead/components: Custom intake at the top of the cowl forces air through to the top of the flywheel. A flywheel fan disperses air around the powerhead and components to regulate under cowl temperature.
- Cool air intake for supercharger: A functional air scoop mounted on the front of the cowl delivers fresh outside air through the air intake attenuator and into the supercharger. The air feeding the supercharger is virtually the same ambient temperature as it entered the engine - enhancing the supercharger efficiency for maximum engine power and performance.
- Mercury Racing graphics: Features the Mercury Racing "M" icon, Engineered by Mercury Racing stamp of excellence. The SCi logo comes from Mercury Racing's popular supercharged sterndrive engine family.
- All new cylinder head: New design for enhanced durability.
- Custom exhaust valves: Race derived to for enhanced performance and durability.
- Camshaft: Custom lobe profile (intake & exhaust) and Mercury Racing derived cam timing for enhanced power and torque.
- Supercharger: Custom rotor profile for enhanced supercharger efficiency.
- Pistons: Mercury Racing derived piston profile and custom piston ring pack for enhanced durability and performance
- Piston Cooling Jets: For enhanced piston durability.
- Sand cast driveshaft housing for added strength & durability.
- Modified exhaust tube: relieves engine back-pressure for enhanced power & performance
- Heavy-duty trim pin & steering head: Made of high load bearing - impact resistant fiber material for enhanced durability in extreme offshore conditions.
- Stainless Steel Guide Plates: Mercury Racing designed stainless steel midsection guide plates with fiber wear pads enhance engine stability at higher speeds and in rough seas.
- High Performance Engine Mounts: Designed in conjunction with Mercury's exclusive Advanced MidSection for minimal Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) at idle.
- All-New Design: All new hydrodynamic shape and size. 1.75:1 gear ratio.
- Silver Paint: Painted silver to match Mercury Racing's popular Torque Master & Fleet Master gearcases.
- Heavy-duty propeller shaft: Large diameter (1-1/4") shaft for enhanced durability. 25% larger than conventional shafts.
- Heavy-duty Bearing Carrier: Billet aluminum for enhanced durability.
- Larger diameter gears with straight-cut teeth for enhanced strength & durability.
VesselView - Race Edition
- Trim Tabs: The 350 SCi enabled to display trim tab position via Mercury Racing's new VesselView Race Edition monitor.
- Fuel Pressure Sensor: Enables fuel pressure display via VesselView Race Edition.
- Power Steering & DTS: Electro-hydraulic power steering and SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift provide for an exceptionally smooth and responsive driving experience combined with sports car-like handling and performance.
|Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP / kW)
|Max RPM (WOT)
||In-line 6, 24-valve direct acting double overhead cam (DOHC)|
|Bore & Stroke (in)
||3.23 x 3.23|
|Bore & Stroke (mm)
||82 x 82|
|Fuel Induction System
||SmartCraft DTS electronic throttle, supercharged with charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control|
||Computer-controlled Sequential Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)|
||Unleaded premium 91 octane required (R +M/2)|
||SmartCraft PCM Digital Inductive|
||Fully regulated belt driven 70-amp (882 watt)|
||SmartStart Electric (Turn-key)|
||Water-cooled with thermostat & pressure control|
||Integrated dry sump|
||NMMA certified Verado FC-W SAE 25W-50|
|Oil Capacity - (qts.)
|Oil Capacity - Liters (l)
|Engine Management System
|Engine Control System
||SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS)|
|Engine Protection System
||SmartCraft Engine Guardian|
||SmartCraft DTS, F-N-R|
|Shaft Length (inches)
|Shaft Length (mm)
||Available on all models|
||SmartCraft programmable power trim and tilt|
|Maximum Tilt Range
||73° (-6° to 67°)|
|Maximum Trim Range
||20° (-6° to 14°)|
||Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering w/Integral Hydraulic Cylinder|
|Weight (lbs / kg)^
||667 / 300|
|^ Two-year limited warranty for recreational boating and three-year limited corrosion warranty. One-year limited Mercury Product Protection Plan available.|
|* Dry-weight specification is for lightest-version model only, without oil, propeller, or integral steering cylinder (if appicable).|